WHAT IS THE PONY CLUB??
“As a member of The Pony Club, I stand for the best in sportsmanship as well as in horsemanship. I shall compete for the enjoyment of the game well played and take winning or losing in my stride, remembering that without good manners and good temper, sport loses its cause for being. I shall treat my horse with consideration.”
The Pony Club is a non-profit international youth organisation that encourages young people to have fun while improving their riding and learning to take good care of ponies or horses.The South African Pony Club is affiliated to the Pony Club in the United Kingdom, which was founded almost 75 years ago, and follows the same internationally recognised system of instruction and testing.The Pony Club encourages young people to enjoy a variety of equestrian disciplines, while promoting sportsmanship, respect for animals and people, self-discipline and strength of character. The South African Pony Club is the foundation of countless sports riders in our country. The excellent ground work that the SAPC strives to put in place has formed a firm footing for many top riders and instructors in this country, and around the world.
There are SAPC branches in five regions throughout South Africa; Gauteng, Limpopo, KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape and Western Cape
In the Western Cape, there is a regional committee of volunteers with representatives from the local branches, through which most of the activities take place. Parents are encouraged to become involved and learn along with their children.
The Pony Club was founded in Great Britain in 1929 and has become the largest association of riders in the world. It is represented in no less than 14 countries and has a membership exceeding 110,000.
Whether you have your own pony or not, Pony Club is the best starting point for all children who want to learn how to ride.
Who can join Pony Club?
Membership is open to all boys and girls from the age of about six or seven until they turn 18 years old. Members who are over 18, or who have been Pony Club members in the past, may continue or join as Associate Members until they turn 25.
Parents who would like their children to become Pony Club members must fill in the standard Application Form, pay the annual subscription fee, and sign an Indemnity Form, which must be given to the District Commissioner of the branch you wish to join.
For the application form: NOORDHOEK PONYCLUB MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM 2020
What Will my Child learn?
- Through instructional education based rallies… to ride safely, confidently and be in control on happy horses and ponies at all times.
- Through fun-filled activities… to make friends who share a love of horses at rallies, camps, quiz nights and more.
- Through teamwork… to participate in competitive and non-competitive activities as a dependable and enthusiastic team member.
- Through horse care… to give horses and ponies the care, treatment and training that will make them happy, healthy friends and partners.
- Through teaching others… to share knowledge and experience with younger and less experienced Pony Club members.
- Through exposure to as many exciting horse sports as possible… to sample a range of different disciplines, such as eventing, show jumping, dressage, and mounted games.
- Through advancement… to gain self-esteem and expertise while achieving the various achievement badges and by progressing through the different levels of proficiency tests
Does my child have to have a pony?
There are many activities that do not require a pony, such as practical and theoretical horse and pony care and acquiring achievement badges, and various outings. However, to fully participate in the mounted aspects, members should have access to a horse or pony through a riding stables, or borrowing or sharing a pony, or entering into a half or full-lease of a pony in the area where the branch holds its mounted rallies.
Cecile Watt – firstname.lastname@example.org
Monica Smith – email@example.com – 083 253 2885
Lucinda Cruickshank – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheryl Robinson – email@example.com
Astrid Muller – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ingrid Altmann – email@example.com
Alex Hugo – firstname.lastname@example.org